Strategic Planning Strategic and operational planning enables an organization to articulate a creative, long-term vision of its future and the concrete steps needed to achieve that vision. Our facilitated approach will help your group to:
- generate authentic internal consensus
- build both teamwork and accountability
- reinforce senior managementís strategic leadership
- focus discussion and structure strategy development
- conduct environmental scanning, competitive analysis, and SWOT analysis efficiently and constructively
- document the plan as it develops, with deliverables, timelines and accountability
Logan Strategy takes pride in helping groups create strong action plans with immediate next steps, so implementation can start right away. People leave the planning session knowing what must be done next month and next year.
Since 2001, our clients have included:
- A membership-based national association, seeking to renew its focus on core members and revitalize Board participation
- A feminist group with an annual budget of less than $500,000 redefining its mandate
- A diversified media company with $700 million in annual revenue
- A regional television network
- A financial institution with $1.3 billion in assets; after conducting strategy retreats with the Board, senior management and a wholly owned subsidiary, we led the management team through a 3-day session to develop implementation plans for the new direction.
- Federal health training organizations
- An Ottawa high tech start-up company
Non-profit sector: With eight years of senior management experience at non-profit associations, Jane Logan brings an understanding of volunteer boards and membership dynamics to strategic planning for associations. Staff often fear planning exercises will result in a major new workload without supporting resources. Board members are sometimes concerned that at the end of the day, the organizations will continue with the status quo. We have been on both sides and understand how to achieve new thinking, genuine consensus and attainable plans with reporting milestones.